Tired of taking drugs that not only don’t help you, but they also make you feel even worse?
The standard model of care for conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, low thyroid, acid reflux, and autoimmune disease is inadequate. Conventional Medicine is failing us.
The good news? Functional medicine is transforming healthcare.
Here are 6 ways how:
1. We aren’t ok with the decline of our collective health
No matter what we do, our population is getting sicker. We want to fight the increase of
● Heart disease
● Metabolic disorders
● Cognitive decline
● Hormone imbalances
● + so much more
2. We fill in the missing gaps
In functional medicine, we spend time creating customized wellness plans depending on someone’s unique biochemistry. We spend adequate time with each patient to help them, help themselves.
We understand that SO MANY things can influence the course of a disease and treatment including:
● Health history
You won’t find standardized treatment plans here — only plans customized to the individual!
3. We know medication deficiency isn’t the reason why people are getting sick
More than 100k die each day because of the side effects from drugs.
Functional medicine is NOT anti-medication, however, for any person with any health issue, we look for the most effective option that causes the fewest side effects. Sometimes that doe mean medication, most often it means supporting the body so that it doesn’t need medication.
4. We realize genetics are not the problem
Did you know that 90 percent of our longevity is determined by the choices we make – not by genetics?
Even if we have genetic predisposition for certain diseases, it’s the interaction between our genes and:
● The foods we eat
● Stress levels
● Physical activity
● Exposure to toxins
…that determines our health
5. We believe the best medicine is at the end of our forks
“Let food be thy medicine, and medicine thy food.” – Hippocrates
How far have we come that the words of the founder of modern medicine are considered to be threatening to modern medicine?
6. Functional Medicine personalizes health care
Functional medicine practitioners treat each patient as an individual and design customized healing plans for each client.
There’s no ‘one size fit them all’ treatment protocol – every case is different.
You and your best friend suffer from the same problem let’s say acne! She went to the doctor and was prescribed loads of creams, face washes, tonics and even the pill – so you think: why go to the doctor myself, I’ll just ask her the name of the products and BAM! That’s solved, we will both have smooth healthy skin.
A few months later you realize that: the face wash makes your skin red, or that the face cream makes you itching and the pill – well you don’t even want to talk about how bloated you feel.
Different people might have the same apparent problem and symptoms, but they don’t
necessarily need the same treatment.
So if you want to:
● Wake up energized every single morning
● Have an abundance of energy throughout the day
● A calm, centered mind that can handle any stress that comes your way
● Move your body without aches and pains
● Feel like you can connect deeply with your loved ones
Then the way I see it, you have 3 options to achieve that:
- Spend hours and hours trying to figure it out yourself. Getting few results.
- Do nothing and be in the exact same place 6 months from now. Still sick & frustrated.
- Invest in someone who is a health expert with a proven track record in helping people just like you overcome their health issues to help them lead a vibrant life full of the above.
I say, you are worth the investment!
If you choose option 3️ — I’m here to support, you!
I create customized wellness plans with accountability and support to help you reach your health goals.
If you’re curious to know more about what that might look like, sign up for an initial consult here to discuss your health concerns and goals!