|Why do we need to support the liver? |
And how is it even connected to the rest of the digestive system and hormone health?
Our Beautiful livers are responsible for the biggest chunk of work when it comes to your detoxification process. It produces the bile to help break down and absorb the fat, it cleanses the blood, we depend on it to clean out the toxins and waste products. What do you think happens to your liver when it is overworked with constant work demand like if we eat and snack and snack again; no rest in between and no help in restoring the liver function.
And if there is no rest for the digestive system, the inflammatory process starts, and the hormones are affected are a result.
Modern lifestyle got to be a sad picture that produces many over-processed and over-worked livers. When we overeat or eat processed or fried foods, and, anytime we are exposed to environmental pollutants or stress, the liver becomes overworked and overloaded.
When the liver is overburdened with the heavy loads, it cannot process toxins and fat in an efficient way. There are many foods that can help cleanse the liver naturally by stimulating its natural ability to clean toxic waste from the body. And we will go over the foods that support the liver in my 7 Day Challenge. Note, that I will be talking about foods that support the liver being mindful of those chronic and autoimmune conditions.
What can you do right now to improve the state of your liver health?
- 1. Avoid exposure to chemicals including skincare and hair care products that still contain lead, lipstick (contains aluminum), deodorant (aluminum) even cleaning products and artists paints.
- 2. Avoid alcohol and any over the counter medications unless prescribed by your doctor especially Tylenol (Acetaminophen), Allopurinol and Voltaren (Diclofenac).
- 3. Exercise or at least move daily to improve your circulation. Consider wearing a pedometer to ensure that you collect steps and move more. High intensity short bursts (20-60 seconds) of activity during the day is recommended to enhance growth hormone release. 7 Minute Cardio exercises can also be great as well as resistance training.
- 1. Avoid artificial sweeteners. You can replace sugar with xylitol or stevia.
- 2. Avoid pesticides, herbicides, and chemicals by eating organic fruits and vegetables.
- 3. Avoid grapefruit. Not because it is not good for you but partially because it interferes with some food absorption and interacts with many drugs and herbs. Other fruits and vegetables are recommended especially beets, dandelion greens, and beet juice.
- 4. 1 heaping Tablespoon of green powders or possible red powders to ensure getting enough liver supporting elements.
- 5. Drink purified water, at least 8 glasses per day.
- 6. Avoid coffee, especially soda. Drink naturally decaffeinated green tea.
- 7. Avoid processed meats and hydrogenated vegetable oils.
I will be doing a Free 7 Day Challenge starting tomorrow. Please, join the Facebook Group to participateI will be sharing tips, foods, and other easy ways to support the liver. Looking forward to seeing you there.
You can order Professional Liver Supporting Supplements like Liver GI Detox from our dispensary called FullScript. I also highly recommend LV/GB from Designs For Health. They have all the minerals you need. Just click HERE to REGISTER and ORDER.