It seems like there are memes constantly circulating around that promote the below as “normal:”
● Bloating so much after meals that you look pregnant
● Constant anxiety from being an “adult”
● Fatigue that makes it difficult to get out of bed after the age of 30
● Aches and pains that remind you that you’re not a teenager anymore
● Drinking alcohol to temporarily take away the constant stress
Hands up if you experience any of the following symptoms. If your hand is up, you’re not alone!
These common symptoms affect a majority of us. In fact…they are being used as a constant source of comedy…which I find just promotes these symptoms as a part of aging…
But guess what?
While these symptoms are all common, they’re NOT normal.
Yes, you read that correctly. We’re often told that symptoms such as these are “normal” and that they’re simply a part of aging – something we can’t escape. Something that just happens after you turn the age of 30.
I’m here to tell you that it’s time to stop ignoring the messages your body is trying to tell you. These symptoms are NOT a part of aging, and they’re most definitely not normal, but they can be resolved.
Stop letting society dictate that it’s normal to not feel healthy and vibrant.
I understand…those memes can feel like a source of relief because you feel seen and heard.
Health is a BIG source of frustration with many.
One of the biggest reasons why is due to the misconception of what works to reach your health goals.
So what does it actually take to reach your health goals?
Whether you want to:
● Ditch the weight for good
● Stop cravings in their tracks
● Wake up refreshed with an abundance of energy
● Get the best sleep of your life
● Enhance your focus so that you can achieve your goals
Stop losing chunks of hair everyday in the shower
● Say goodbye to adult acne once and for all
● Feel like yourself again
It’s going to take more than just willpower to exercise and eat well…despite what pop culture
health information says.
To reach your health goals you’re going to need to:
First, identify the ROOT CAUSE of WHY you’re experiencing symptoms.
Next, you’re going to have to follow a customized plan that’s tailored just for you and will often
● A personalized diet
● The correct amount of exercise for you
● Stress reduction techniques
● Fixing your gut (HINT: I do this will almost ALL my patients regardless of their symptoms)
● Focusing on sleep
● Targeted supplementation
● Balancing your blood sugar (Another thing I do with almost all patients)
● + any other specific lifestyle recommendations that YOU specifically need.
As you can see, it’s not a “quick fix” like you see everyone promoting.
And perhaps the most important thing to remember is that there is no end point when it comes to health, and really life in general, there is no destination. We will never arrive. While this can seem defeating, it’s actually liberating, knowing that it’s a constant process and a lifestyle, rather than pure grit and determination.
Healing journeys are rarely linear. It is rare for someone to go from point A ⟹ B without a detour, roadblock, and/or wrong turn.
Those things are all part of the journey. When we realize that, it can help to ease some of the frustration, guilt, and shame that often coincides with those road bumps.
There is no such thing as a linear healing journey, but I believe that with a proper game plan and serious commitment, healing is possible✨
If you are not feeling optimal right now, wherever you are on your healing journey, I am here to encourage you to keep going!
So if you’re ready to leave behind the norms and expectations of society to live a full and vibrant life, sign up for a an initial consultation to learn more about how I can help you on your journey. https://www.timetap.com/appts/Oq6yt0krJub/