The Effects of The Coronavirus on The Gut and my interview on the Low Carb Paleo Show Podcast
I hope you participating in our Retrograde Detox. If you have not heard, it is going on my Facebook group. We are getting rid of toxins, pounds, pain related to digestion and more. Join us HERE.
I wanted to spend a little time today making sense of all the reports flying around regarding the coronavirus. We do know that this virus will attack the gut. We know it because of many presenting with symptoms of diarrhea and from the fact that the virus was found on the toilet bowl surfaces. Is that surprising? Not at all, many viruses affect the gut.
Now that we know this, do you see a lot of information out there which steers you to protect your gut? Nope, not a lot of trusted information is there.
All the hype is about wearing masks, gloves and staying away from each other. But if the core (our gut) is not protected, you may just be as vulnerable as if you are without the other protective gear.
I have created a basic Digestive Reset® gut protective bundle: it includes multi-strain professional quality probiotic, l-glutamine for gut lining support and digestive support, enzymes with herbs combo for digestive and liver support and protein shake with curcumin and multivitamins. Shipping is Free within US and Instructions are included. And you can Click To Purchase.
I keep on saying that we still do not know a lot, but we know that doing something like protecting your gut and the immune system now is more important than ever because you took an action.
Here are some things I recommend during these tough times:
The Four S’s:
- Sleep: this will make your immune system so much more resilient.
- Supplementation: testing first is always best. If you are not ready go for the basics: Vit C, Vit D and Zinc for now.
- Self-Care: think about it. Making yourself a priority will bring you more at peace and will get you more grounded.
- Support System: speak to someone, Zoom with a few people, ask for help. Asking for help is not the sign of weakness, it is a sign of strength.
- Mind, Body and Soul: remember we are a complex beings and physical body is the operating system that is being operated by mind and soul. Do something nice for your soul today. Donate a dollar to your favorite charity, send flowers to your loved one, give a compliment to your partner.
- Nutrition: I can write all day about this. Right nutrition during this time will make you more resilient.
- Move: cannot say enough about this. Find a way to move, jump or simply lift your legs in bed, etc.
A little while ago I had a wonderful time being interviewed by Alain Braux and Mark Moxom on the Low Carb Paleo Show.
The premier was this Friday so I thought I would just let you know this is it live and posted. Please, let me know if you have more questions related to those in the interview.
Click to view the Interview or watch below.
Most of the supplement deliveries are business as usual now. I am now using a different dispensary called FullScript.They seem to handle things quicker and they ship with 2 days shipping. Just click HERE to REGISTER and ORDER. ALL the supplements mentioned above are also available through FullScript.